All procedures are conducted according to the biosafety guidelines and SOP in the NCDC's laboratory network. In the center functioning two Biosafety manuals (Biosafety manual for the Lugar Center and Biosafety manual for the laboratory network).
There are developed and functioning SOP in the center, which are divided into the 7 (seven) main groups:
1. Biosafety and the general security SOP for NCDC / Lugar Center
2. Biosafety and the general security SOP for NCDC regional and zonal laboratories.
3. Treatment of bacterial cultures (packaging, transportation, bracketing) SOP for the repository of bacteria and viruses.
4. The sample handling (packaging, transportation, bracketing) SOP for NCDC / Lugar center, regional and zonal laboratories.
5. The diagnostic standard operating procedures for Biosafety level- 2 (BSL-2) laboratories
6. Diagnostic standard operating procedures for Biosafety Level-3 (BSL-3) labs.
7. Standard operating diagnostic procedures for reference laboratories